I’m a manly man. I can whistle, spit, change the oil in my car and bench press more than my body weight. Of course, being so ruggedly manly also comes with downsides. My pants have pleats, my haircut came from a place with a dollar sign in the name and I can only name 6, maybe 7, colors. So when it came time to completely overhaul Funny or Die’s design, I knew I was going to need help. “Bring on the hipsters in ironic t-shirts” I thought. Time to get a bunch of cappuccino sipping, clunky-glasses-wearing French Poetry majors to fuss over serifs, color stories and beveling. Or is it the absence of beveling. I don’t know. That’s the point. I needed help. Anyway, I was happy with how the folks at Spring – while fashionably dressed – understood my business needs and translated them into practical results. They made the whole process easy and I was extremely happy with the results. This was my second time hiring the Spring team and there will definitely be a third – I may even start cuffing my jeans.
– Mitch Galbraith, COO, Funny or Die
As the online comedy space continues to thrive with the advent of new technology and platforms, Funny or Die found themselves in need of an extreme makeover. We were enlisted to revive their identity and spearhead the design and overhaul of funnyordie.com.
Evolving the Brand
With such strong brand equity amassed over the years, Funny Or Die has grown from a website into a multi-channel, multi-platform entertainment company. Their identity felt outdated considering the expansion of their business. So, we helped bring the Funny or Die brand into the now and gave it wings to soar into the future.
What We Did
- Visual Identity – Web and Logo
- Concept Development
- Solution Architecture
- Integrated Design and Prototyping
- Usability Research and Testing
- User Interface Development
Reducing Friction for Effortless Entertainment
Some key highlights of the redesign:
- Created a more streamlined, modern user interface to drive higher levels of user engagement and in-line content consumption.
- Fully Responsive, designed and built on a fluid grid system that automatically conforms to any screen size for optimized viewing.
- New and improved search ability, ensuring users can get to the content they want, fast.
- Balanced the overall user experience for visitors, advertisers and celebrities alike.
At the end of the day, people really just want to be entertained. And they want to be entertained without effort. We resolved to do that by putting content front and center – highlighting key bits of content using relevancy and organization to make consumption something that is just naturally inherent.
Check out the redesign here: funnyordie.com